WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan

MMO WoW & Age of Conan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raid: post mortem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Egg_Contessa

Egg_Contessa

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Raid: post mortem Empty
PostSubject: Raid: post mortem   Raid: post mortem I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 4:52 pm

I think all in all a very well executed raid. up to a point. That point being Crossroads. We knew damn fine it was a hellhole and we designed this raid to avoid it but we got cocky and paid the price.
Other than that, it was very successful. We didn't garner an awful lot of honour, there weren't a lot of players about and most of our damage was done unto NPC's but it was just Sooooooo Good to get some measure of revenge for the numerous violations perpetrated on us over the aeons.
The raid organisation was superb and big ups to Temujin for a masterful performance in leadership and discipline in marshalling the troops.
Also big respect to QP and Bid for scouting the area for us.
In fact a big thumbs up to all guild members who came along and a cheery wave to Valnim who made a special appearance with the guild for this very special night.

Personally i think this sets a very good template for future raids.

- We keep organised
- We stick to prearranged targets and don't over reach ourselves, the longer we tarry and wander around looking for an ac hoc fight the more likely it is we'll run ninto the heavy mob
- We stick to horde bases in Contested Territories. That way it doesn't matter a damn if the horde scum aren't PvP flagged, we can just pile in with all guns blazing.
- We bring along a good mix of levels, and be mindful of the propensity of those of us with names beginning in EGG for dying horribly quickly (not a jibe at me and andy just that we were the only 2 chars under lvl40 on monday) and not leave us behind.

It was great, a major improvement on Spliffhammer's first raid gubbing outing and it was an honour to share the field of battle with you all. queen

For the Alliance!
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Raid: post mortem   Raid: post mortem I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:06 pm

I thouroughly enjoyed my first raid, I feel it was quite succesful too. Crossroads was indeed a bit of a hot LZ but worth a try. I suspect it put the wind up a few people seeing such a big mob. Especially that Wizard who flew past on easyjet A Hippogryff, what must he have thought?

I didn't feel left behind at any point although I did get lost behind the main mob and collared by that lvl 70 Shaman, Tem, Qp and Stroph came belting back in short order though.

So thanks guys for a fun evening!
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Raid: post mortem   Raid: post mortem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 2:08 am

I agree with most of the above except when it comes to the crossroads, we were doing well after sun rock and splintertree, so natural progression is the crossroads, the question when you come to the crossroads is not "can we beat it" its a measure of how long we can survive...and we did pretty well on that front, also that was our smallest raid to date...i dont know whether thats a positive or a negative but it seemed to work.

and i think the whole reason it worked was the fact that the mass stuck together.

but i was most impressed guys.

well done to Haz for organising it.

Remember guys you dont have to be any one special to organise a raid....

but having said that 1 evey 3 days would be a little much....like our motto...."Quality is better than quantity"

Cheers

T
Back to top Go down
Tinkerfel

Tinkerfel

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Raid: post mortem   Raid: post mortem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:58 am

once iv leveled a bit i'll come to the raids
Back to top Go down
Valnim

Valnim

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Well...   Raid: post mortem I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:26 pm

Was fun ... although again stipud crosscroads ... anyway i been there
today with like 6 more guild mates and we like owned that place ... not
coz of all being lvl 70 (well helped a bit xD ) but back to this ... no
lvl 70s came ... its just the time when u go there since raids are
mostly on evenings most lvl 70s are in outlands or dont care to return,
in crossroads they have rather high advantage so 1x wipe = end of raid

Anyway
was good to see u again. Just let me know when u wanna raid again. ^^
... Just get the lvls up and we go Ogrimmar next. Ill tell u then how 4
alliance guys went to ogrimmars ... owned for few mins then been wiped
and how a f**** druid camped me. ^^ Like i just wanted to go there for
a drink and this happens. So much for hospitality. (Well no nice chicks