WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan

MMO WoW & Age of Conan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access Empty
PostSubject: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:25 am

*copied post from AoC forum*

The gates to Age of Conan open in just a few days from now and legions of adventurers can hardly wait to set foot on Hyborian soil. Many want to chose their future home (also known as ‘Server’) beforehand and we know the list below has been eagerly awaited.

Since we know how important those server names are we ran several polls on all our community forums to find out which names each territory prefers the most. We then distributed those names among the different territories/languages.

These servers are the ones that will be available on 17th of May when the Early Access play starts. The servers are scaled to modern industry standards, and will hopefully serve as your home for years to come! During Early Access we will closely monitor the number of players on each server to find out which types are the popular ones. Additional servers will then be made available for launch.

So, without further ado: here are the servers for the Early Access starting 17th of May:

European English Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
• Crom
• Dagon
• Ymir
• Bori
• Astoreth

PvP Servers
• Fury
• Wildsoul

RP-PvP Server
• Aquilonia
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:38 am

Ooooh, so many to choose from, lol

are we doing PvP or PvE?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wow-crusaders.co.uk
Temujin

Temujin

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:58 am

i`m going PvP,

so for a random guess i think i`ll start on Wildsoul

just a random one, maybe there will be more by release date

and if it is different on game release i shal be moving then too, (to get away from high populated servers)
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:18 pm

* another post copied from the AoC forum *

I know some people havent played much PVP and also alot of people are on the fence about which server to choose. I hope this write up helps.

So here are some things that need to cross your mind before choosing which server. Im not saying either playstyle is bad but some peoples playstyle may be better suited for one server or the other.

FFA PVP

Dont let anyone sugarcoat it. FFA PVP servers are gonna be brutal especially the first few weeks. You will be killed while fighting mobs, killed while getting and turning in quests, zerged to hell and back by guild groups and others if you solo. Possibly spawn camped depends on what funcom implements at the spawns. Could be killed while zoning in, It again depends on what funcom implements. Their will be quite a few of the HAH I PWNED YOU No0B crowd so expect it. You could even possibly be griefed to the point a group will follow you around and kill you over and over till they are tired of it.

MOST FIGHTS WILL NOT BE FAIR. You will be jumped by groups, attacked while mid health and killed by those higher level than you. Thats just the way it is on FFA pvper server if you cant deal with it dont roll on it.

You enjoy the storylines , lore and quests? Good luck enjoying them and reading the quests you will need to click through the dialogue as fast as possible before a dagger ends up in your back.

PVP can be exciting cause you dont know whats gonna happen next. Mobs cant roam everywhere pvpers can and will. You will have to look over your back and play smart. You will have to interact with people more you will make friends and enemys on a more regular basis. Unlike mobs you may beat someone easily the first time but they may learn from their mistakes play better and the next fight put your face in the dirt. Good players adapt.
Someone irritaing you? Stealing your kills? Well do something about it nothing holding you back on a ffa server but digital air and oppurtunity.

Their will be more politics, drama, alliances, wars etc etc with guilds.
Their will be people notorious on the server for ganking people and will be KOS to alot of people and guilds. Their will be people known for helping people againist lowbie gankers and the like.

Their will be a Guild or a few guilds that will emerge as the dominants on the server and these will also have a large impact into what the server is gonna be like.

You will need a guild. You will need to have friends that have your back. You will need to never go out alone cause this will highly increase the target on your back.

If you are a casual player or dont have much time you will be killed even more due to not being able to keep up with the leveling of the hardcore.
And unless you have a damn good guild who truely has your back you will be a punching bag until you reach those higher levels.

So these are some things to consider before rolling on a PVP server. Some people like this enviroment and some dont. Some like it but cant invest enough time in it to be competitive so decide to roll pve.

This is a str8 break down of what to expect. So if you are a candyass or just dont have the time bypass the ffa pvp servers.

================================================== ========

PVE

Things to think about with a PVE server. Their will be pvp on this server. You will have minigames (yuck) but you will also have Border Kingdoms which is a big ffa zone where guilds will be fighting for plots of land and buidling their Keeps.

You will be able you read your quests soak in the lore and play more relaxed.
Things will be alot less tense and you will not get the adrenanline rush here as much as you would on a pvp server.

But the nice thing about the PVE server is if you dont feel like being ganked or want to enjoy the questing in peace you can!! If you feel like smashing someones head in you can and you will know where to go to do that..

You will level faster on this server due to not being ganked, camped, and inhibited. Some people may look at a PVE server as the best of both worlds cause you can enjoy both aspects of the game at your leisure. You wont need to worry about being in a group 24/7.

Some people may be better suited here if they only play a few hours a week or if they can not deal with the gankers.

Well that is all from me. And im sure AOC is gonna be a great game no matter what server you choose. Both are good for different reasons and you shouldnt knock on people for their choice.

So whatever you choose go out there and have fun people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:02 pm

Kira wrote:
* another post copied from the AoC forum *

FFA PVP

Dont let anyone sugarcoat it. FFA PVP servers are gonna be brutal especially the first few weeks. You will be killed while fighting mobs, killed while getting and turning in quests, zerged to hell and back by guild groups and others if you solo. Possibly spawn camped depends on what funcom implements at the spawns. Could be killed while zoning in, It again depends on what funcom implements. Their will be quite a few of the HAH I PWNED YOU No0B crowd so expect it. You could even possibly be griefed to the point a group will follow you around and kill you over and over till they are tired of it.

MOST FIGHTS WILL NOT BE FAIR. You will be jumped by groups, attacked while mid health and killed by those higher level than you. Thats just the way it is on FFA pvper server if you cant deal with it dont roll on it.

You enjoy the storylines , lore and quests? Good luck enjoying them and reading the quests you will need to click through the dialogue as fast as possible before a dagger ends up in your back.

Sod that!

Ok then wildsoul it is <tremble>
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:28 am

always go for the toughest option i believe, you can always start again....most people are gonna want to try out multiple classes in the beginning anyway.

have no fear...words are easy....
Back to top Go down
Ipos

Ipos

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 2:40 am

Yay!

I surprisingly got me an early access key from Amazon, so i'll be joining peeps this Saturday!

I've been giving some thought to server types and I'm probably gonna go with a PvE server initially.

I'll explain my reasoning -

I have never played the game. If I chose a PvP server to start with it will be populated with closed beta testers, open beta testers, and pvp weekend testers. Not to forget all the hardcore pvpers from other established mmo's.

It will probably stutter my learning of a new system and game, especially with regards to combat. Getting continually battered when trying to level and learn will not be fun.

On a PvE server it will allow me to learn at my pace until I feel competant enough to roll on a PvP server. PvE servers still have big open 'PvP Warzones' the pvp minigames and seige warfare, so I don't think i'd lose out on that score.

I also want to feel a little more immersion in the game, the characters and background. Being ganked continually by some teenage knobber, screaming "Noob!" will not help this score.

Ultimately, I'll probably start a character on a PvP server as well because the beauty of ffa pvp, as frustrating and brutal as it can be, is something that you can't get on pve servers. Namely, player-led politics, rivalries, bounties, real good teamwork and the buzz of always looking over your shoulder.

So, PvE initially until i'm comfortable with the game, then onto PvP.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 3:23 am

hmm maybe your right...i dunno now :S
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:33 am

im currently a sheep, where you guys go, i'll follow, (cause i still wanna play with you)

So, ill probably call you all at 1758 to find out whats happening lol
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:42 am

ok i have come up with a plan for myself,

Personally i am going to play my early access in a PVE server (and use this time to get used to the game and try out different classes which i like)

then some time around release i will be moving to a PvP server with more of an idea on what goes on in AoC.

as soon as i know which sever and name i have i will send a message over skype where i am at.
Back to top Go down
Ipos

Ipos

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 7:51 am

Sounds like a plan...
Back to top Go down
Bider

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:02 am

PvE for me. To start anyway. It really got my back up when i was happily questing in wow and from nowhere some rogue poped up and took me out with 1 hit. Or on the other hand fighting 1,000,000 mobs no health and the same. In AoC it's gangs you have to deal with, camping following, and just being a pain in the bottom. So PvE fpr me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access   Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Conan Serverlist for Early Access
Page 1 of 1