WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan

MMO WoW & Age of Conan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Performance?

Go down 
+3
Ipos
Arcage
MC_Satan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:31 am

I've been reading on some forums that the Beta is unplayable on anything less than the recommended stats and even hitting recommended it suffers from slowdowns and jerky framerates (5-10 fps for towns). Not to mention sound clipping and crackling. Some are saying that it's still pretty buggy and others that the recommended specs are way to low and the minimum specs are a joke.

the official forums seem to be saying that anything under a nvidia 7800GT (at a push a 7600GT) graphic card is going to struggle, also a dual core seems to be pretty essential. If this proves to be the case when it's released I won't be getting it until I upgrade (which is not going to be for a while).

I know Arcage is playing the beta so, how is performance and what is your setup? Heard any complaints?
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:04 pm

To put it bluntly it's shit at the mo.
I'll post a vid I did of the low lvl, and it WAS running fine.

Once i got to the city everything went really laggy, I mean fram rate of 2 FPS..
I've dled and installed new beta drivers which were suggested on the forums, no luck, removed shadows all together and still no good.
I've gone back to original drivers, and it's a slight improvement, but it's seems more an epidemic for vista users.....
I'm waiting for the next patch.
I've crashed 4 times tonight, and stuck in like a single player mode, so I'll go back to wow till they do an update.

I'm not real impressed so far, the concept is there but there's a lot of work to do before it's finished.
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Lots of work and something like 3 weeks to release, not encouraging.

I hope they are running a debug client and stressing the hell out of people's systems and servers to test out their max load and not running a near final code.

Dragged the laptop out of it's bag, perversely src implies it is slightly more likely to run it than the main pc. I am now confused.

Would you mind posting your specs? I know my single core XP3500+, 1 Gig Ram and 7600GT are just not going to cut it. When i do upgrade it will be to a Dual Core athlon 6000+ and a nvidia 8800GT 1Gb, along with 2 Gb Ram and a shiny 1Tb hard drive, all for £650! If that doesn't run everything I can throw at it I'll eat a hat.
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:58 pm

My Spec is:
Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus mobo
Intel Dual core2 E6750 @ 2.66ghz
2 x 1gb 800mhz kingmax ram
1 x 8800gt nvidia 512Mb
2 x 250 hds @ 7200rpm in Raid0

This should shit it in, provided the game runs properly.
Back to top Go down
Ipos

Ipos

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:30 am

The Beta client is about 6 months older than the current code and has a hefty debugger attached, so I wouldn't go off what the Beta is doing.

I'd like to think that the problems that exist in the Beta have been well ironed out by now. I hope...
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 5:38 am

old code or not, that's enough for me today...keeps crashing
this is supposed be in a lot of ways a teaser, worse beta I've seen, though all other beta testing was with FPS games like 2142, Frontlines, crysis.
not impressed
If they patch it soon, and it improves I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:43 am

also reading on the forums :

the crappy performance was only in the open beta, so they have patched the code to the closed beta to see what is causing it.

there is a lot of jumping the gun here guys,

do u think wow was better from the start?...i tell u now it wasnt, for instance their was a spazzy murloc in redridge for 2 years! 2 whole years!!

i have no doubt that on relese day their will be a patch to install.

also remember guys its a MMORG and its a hell of a lot harder to find the faults in the first place than a linear game.

so for the first 6 months i expect a lot of patching to be going on,

also the AOC forums are 90% speculation from people who have "heard from a friends friends friend" so why dont we suck it and see?
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Aye, very valid Tem, I don't rightly know what WoW was like on launch. LotRo seemed stable for the two months I played it just not very good! Seemed quiet so perhaps reduced server load=increased stability. Anarchy online was atrocious at launch and failed to get much better. I abandoned it after about 6 months. So I am expecting hefty patches myself along with frequent poor performance initially.

it's not buggyness/crashes (I have come to expect that from PC games) that concerns me more poor optimisation. If Arcage's rig (for example, don't know what others are running) can't max out just about everything and / or doesn't run final code well there is no point me getting AoC.
Believe me I want to, I just would like to know up front how quickly I have to upgrade the old rig as I can't be bothered ripping the whole thing apart unless/until I have to.
As by the time I come back from Holidays just about everyone else will have had it for a week or two I will be in a better position to judge what I need to buy upgrade wise.

What did the spazzy Murloc do? my curiosity is aroused.

On the gamefaqs forums someone posted this about closed beta:

"I can confirm that as I way playing last ngiht the current client is extremely better than the fileplanet open beta client. the framerates are much higher and more consistent. I did have one crash, but there has been word from funcom that a recent patch caused some issues that are being fixed.

Rest assured that things will be in good shape by release, and continue to get speedily attention to bug squashing and performance issues thereafter."

Which is somewhat encouraging
Back to top Go down
Darklightnin

Darklightnin

Number of posts : 32

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:07 pm

i am sure after spending millions of pounds making this game, with 4 years in development they will do everything they can to sort it out.
me and cind are really looking forward to it and have even gone to the great expense to up grade are computers so it had better be bloody brilliant lol

if its not i will blame mark (only joking)
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

Number of posts : 244

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Why is everyone having a go at me? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wow-crusaders.co.uk
Ipos

Ipos

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:48 am

It seems that the Dual-core and Vista pc's that are suffering the most. And then again, a lot of people are not suffering any problems. We've got to be careful when trying to gauge anything off official forums as it tends to be people who are trying to resolve a problem that post. So it looks like it's a disaster from outside.

And yeah, WoW was completely different at launch than it is now. It also had performance issues, balance issues and glitches galore. They sorted it out.

So I don't think there is any need to panic just yet. Give it a few months after launch to truly gauge the game...
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:16 am

you may well be quite right.

They did patch this Saturday (i think) and i also followed Tech suggestions to reduce lag, the FPS improved slightly, but the game became more unstable, and kept crashing every 2-3mins.

There's every chance it will be good to go on release, but I'm putting down for the next few days, and will try again later.

Even in the event it does become stable, I'm not sure I'll get into this straight away.
I started lvling a rogue last night (after getting pwned in SW AH 4 times in a row Razz )
and I really think WOW have there shit together when it comes to this type of game.
I'll have to see how I feel in the next wek or two, but i really think i have at least another year of enjoying wow, as I am still a newby at this game, and if there is no interest to recruit, then as much as I dont want to, I may have to join another guild.
I'm really keen on doing instances/raids, and seeing as though the only ppl left in the guild (besides the missus) plan on switching games, i cant forsee myself getting real value out of the game.

Anyway I wont make any decisions just yet, as like this group of peeps, and would be sad to leave, but I'm sure you can understand what I mean.

I'll keep you's updated in any case Wink
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:32 am

like i said mate, if you leave the guild their is no reason to not keep in touch with they guys you like.

after all we are all adults here and i am sure we can chat now and again Very Happy

personally if you want the best out of wow you will probably have to leave the crusaders.

not trying to force u mate just thats my honest view on things.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 150

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:45 am

Jules has been downloading the Beta which finished downloading after lunch today, so I thought while he was at work I would have a little look and set up a charcter so i chose a ToS.

Well I am only lvl 5 but am loving it, not having too many probs either just the loading screens are taking forever but not a problem just patience needed.Laughing

I know I cant tell much about the game yet but I am glad I have pre-ordered it and cant wait to play more.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

Number of posts : 244

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:40 pm

Your all impatient upstarts. Shocked

Im just going to bide my time till i get the game delivered, so you all have a head start on me, but you all know how speedy i level so it wont be long till i overtake you all. Laughing

Have we decided what server were going on, or have the servers not been listed yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wow-crusaders.co.uk
Kira

Kira

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:11 pm

strophic wrote:
Your all impatient upstarts. Shocked

Im just going to bide my time till i get the game delivered, so you all have a head start on me, but you all know how speedy i level so it wont be long till i overtake you all. Laughing

Have we decided what server were going on, or have the servers not been listed yet?

lol! your right Mark we are impatient to look at the game but we have to start our chars again when we actually get the game so we will all be the same level together:lol:

and I got my new computer today so at least I know I can actually play AoC as it looks wicked!

Not sure if the servers have been named yet!
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Kira wrote:
Jules has been downloading the Beta which finished downloading after lunch today, so I thought while he was at work I would have a little look and set up a charcter so i chose a ToS.

Well I am only lvl 5 but am loving it, not having too many probs either just the loading screens are taking forever but not a problem just patience needed.Laughing

I know I cant tell much about the game yet but I am glad I have pre-ordered it and cant wait to play more.Very Happy

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what specs are the computer you are running it on? (I get like this with a lot of PC games!!!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:36 am

mine are

Intel core duo2 6400
Nvidia geforce 8600 GT 512 MB
2gb of ram
200 GB hard drive
Sound Blaster Pro sound card
Back to top Go down
Ipos

Ipos

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:56 am

Mine:

Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX
4GB of Ram
Twin P4 @ 3Ghz each
200gb hard drive
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:34 am

Kira wrote:

I'm glad to hear it's running ok for you....I haven't touched it in a few days.
I might give it another run tonight to see how it goes, but I'm having fun with my Revenge rogue atm, so I'm not really worried.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Darklightnin

Darklightnin

Number of posts : 32

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:28 pm

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
Card name: ATI Radeon X1950 GT
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7288)
SAMSUNG 500GB 16MB CACHE 7200RPM SATA HARD DISC DRIVE
Operating System: Windows Vista™

works ok
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:12 pm

This is mine:P

ASUS P5N-E SLI MOTHERBOARD
INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 8MB CACHE 1066 MHZ
4 GB DDR 2 800 MHZ MEMORY
500 GB 16MB CACHE SERIAL ATA HARD DRIVE
NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB DDR3 320BIT 1800MHZ GRAPHICS CARD
VISTA 64 Smile

Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:17 pm

My upgraded pc is priced and ready to go when I can afford to build it;
quad core AMD Phenom (4 x 2Ghz - I think),
nvidia 8800GT 512Mb (can't find the 1Gb variant)
4Gb DDR2 memory
Windows XP (Sp2) - won't pay for vista, have it on laptop and I am deeply suspicious of it. I don't like the way it looks at me.
1Tb Sata HD 7200 rpm.

I may have to invest in a liquid cooling system one of my techie orientated friends informs me- that worries me a bit. Might down grade to a dual core 6500+ if that avoids the liquid cooling- visions of running a cold water pipe through my pc! Shocked

Total cost £610, plus the cost of small phillips screwdriver and a lot of the usual pre switch on panic. Should be able to get this round about end of July. In the meantime I'll try AoC on this ole noisy heap.
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:02 am

here ya go mate for your 8800GT 1 GB

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=608477

PS Liquid cooling is a bunch of crap, with the technology of heatsinks now their isnt much point, you only need liquid cooling (in my opinion) if you want all your massive components in the tiniest box available.
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:29 am

Thanks Rob, might well go for one of those.

Anyway, I'll see you all after my 2 weeks in the sun. Don't level AoC too fast now or i'll never catch up......(sound familiar?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Performance? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance?   Performance? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Performance?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan :: Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures-
Jump to: