WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan

MMO WoW & Age of Conan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Karazhan

Go down 
+4
strophic
Bider
Kira
Temujin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Temujin

Temujin

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:46 pm

ok guys a friend of mine has approached me to do a Karazhan run on the 8th of October, i know its a while away but it will give us chance to get ready for it....we will need (or try) to supply 5 men of a 10 man raid...if you are slightly interested please answer below Very Happy

cheers

T
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 150

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:00 am

interested!
Back to top Go down
Bider

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:29 am

I am in. You all know we need to do the runs for the key first.
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

Number of posts : 244

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:03 am

What level do you have to be? Is it levels 70 only? if not count me in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wow-crusaders.co.uk
karnivore

karnivore

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-03-13

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:31 am

i'm ready to die mate alien and...i have an idea: i'll search for some "How To" videos on Karazhan. Stay tuned Very Happy
Back to top Go down
karnivore

karnivore

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-03-13

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:09 am

If you thought that the Sunken Temple or Black Rock Depths were complicated, be ready to know that Karazhan is a HUGE non linear instance with tons of teleport from one room to another, just watch this link:

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/c/c7/KarazhanInstanceMap.jpg

I suggest you to read some general information about Kara on the wowwiki link:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Karazhan

As i red, there are 12 bosses in Karazhan and only 3 are non-optional. The first one to meet is Moroes, here's a link with some good information and a video:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Moroes

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=36570

He is a really tricky boss (like every boss in Karaz) because he vanishs every 30-40 seconds and hits with a garrote (1k damage everey 3 sec for 5 min) a random target. On top of that he requires two tanks because he gauges Very Happy i may offtank for this one. On Top of thatm AGAIN, there are 4 adds that requires a strong Crowd Control strategy, like shackle undead from priests that must be kept on one of the add all time, and they have to be killed one by one. Well guys...BACK TO SCHOOL! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:26 am

I'll give that one a miss-sounds way to advanced for my paltry lvl 42....
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 150

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:44 am

Karazhan

Karazhan is a lvl 70 raid instance for 10 players.
This place was once the home of the great sorcerer Medivh, used by him to make crazy experiments with creatures and magic. Since his death this place have stood empty but recent disturbances from that place caught The Violet Eyes attention which now enlist players to explore this mysterious place.

The Attunement for Karazhan starts from an NPC at the entrance, which asks you to do two things for him.
First thing is to kill the ghostly citizens, second is to take tests from the water in the basements. When you return to him he will send you to a mage located at the north side of Dalaran, close to the magic field. He will then send you to Khadgar which will send you to get the first key fragment in Shadow Labyrint which can be found at southern auch. To open the Shadow Labyrinth door you will either need a rogue with 350 lockpicking, an engineer with a seaforium charge, a blacksmith with a crafted one-time use key or simply th Shadow Labyrinth key which drops of the last boss in Sethekk Halls. Everyone in the party can pick that key up.
After turning the first key fragment in he will send you to Arcatraz and Steamvaults to pick up the last 2 fragments. Steamvaults can be entered by anyone and doesen't require any key or attunement however Arcatraz can be opened the same way as Shadow Labyrinth, or simply do the quest chain for the Arcatraz key.
After collecting the 2 key fragments Khadgar will give you one final quest to enchant the key by Medivh himself. Medivh can be found in The Black Morass within Caverns of Time.

How to get -

The first key fragment:
The first key fragment can be found in Shadow Labyrinth, only accessible after you have killed Murmur (the last boss in Shadow Labyrinth).
Go to the circle and turn left, it's in the container at the wall there.

The second key fragment
This one can be tricky, it's in the giant pool of water a few packs after the entrance, in the bottom left corner.

The third key fragment
Found on the second floor of Arcatraz, the same room where you find the giant voids. When you enter the room turn right, it's close to the wall there.

The Masters Touch[center]
To get the key enchanted you have to speak with Medivh and convince him to enchant the key.
You can only speak with him after the opening of the Dark Portal.

Attunements for -
[center]Shadow Labyrinth
The Shadow Labyrinth key drops of the last boss in Sethekk halls and can be picked up by all the group members what were present when he was killed. Means no ninja inviting of additional members to pick it up.

Steam Vaults
No attunement or keys required.

The Arcatraz
The Arcatraz key can be obtained by doing the quest chain gained from an Ethereal at Eco-Dome Midrealm. The questcain starts with collecting 10 boxes from a Blood Elf occupied Manafoge.
Location: Netherstorm, Tempest keep, northern platform high in the air.

Caverns of Time
To get attuned to Caverns of Time you will have to talk to The Steward of Time which will fly you to the current leader of the bronze dragonflight deep inside Caverns of Time. Once talked to he will summon a Time Guardian which will tell you about Caverns of Time. After doing so you will be attuned for all the Caverns of Time instances, but each require a minor "quest". To be able to enter Black Morass you will have to free Thrall in Old Hillsbrad.
Upon securing his fate you will be able to enter Black Morass, where you have to protect Medivh from being killed by The Infinite Dragonflight.
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

Number of posts : 192

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:16 am

thx Kira...good bit of info.

but what it all means is that we have work to do Razz
Back to top Go down
Gsuz

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:14 am

its about time we bring this thread up on the list! I talked to bid erlier and told him that maybe we should start looking around for a guild willing to merge with us so we can start kara ASAP. Or maybe just do kara together with them without the merge.... who knows, but its a easy way to get started atleast....
Back to top Go down
Gsuz

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:33 pm

i keep repeating myself but dont we have a full kara raid soon? We have aroudn 2-3 healers, same number of tanks and dps/CC is no problem!

Even if we lack 1 or 2 slots we can take from other guilds via friends or so! I know a few from Carpediem so i could prob get a few to come help us out first runs but we need some commitment before i ask such a thing...
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:44 pm

I'm keen, but I have 70% till 70, so in the next few weeks defo Smile
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:24 am

Ok so i checked my account and I first started playing wow the 29/05/07.

so after almost 1 year, i ding 70, and I'm itchin for a large instance Razz

Especially now, most are talking about movin to a new game, and i dont want to be the extra for someone eles guild, and be told I have no clue, and not be re-invited Laughing
Plus *shhhh* i like you guys, and prefer to do it together......an instance that is Razz

Huw, Mark and I agree, the best time for us is a weekend night, though I think Huw is busy the next few w/e's.

What's best for the rest of you, weekend night sound ok? During the day is not possible cause the kids are too active.

Anyway, if we could get the ball roling that would be cool, I have a warrior mate, that would be happy to help (and probably a holy preist also), provided his internet isn't playin up (as it has been lately).

In the mean time Anula is closing in on 70, so I might offerto help to speed that up....the more the better eh.

As I, and I know this, know very little compared to most of you, feel free to post any comments.

Here's a map of al lvls..... I'm scared just looking at this lol

http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/c/c7/KarazhanInstanceMap.jpg

I would have inserted the pic, but it's rather large Razz

Cheers.
Le Hutto Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Karazhan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karazhan   Karazhan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karazhan
Page 1 of 1