WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan

MMO WoW & Age of Conan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AOC beta

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darklightnin

Darklightnin

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-03-11

AOC beta Empty
PostSubject: AOC beta   AOC beta I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:06 pm

I thought I would share with you what I think about AoC playing Beta.

First Impressions:
I spent a while on the Character screen choosing different breast sizes lol! and bottom sizes.
I like the fact you have so many options to alter your character ie: nose shape and size etc. however I wasnt too impressed with only having a few options for the hairstyles as they are not that great.

The Graphics are realistic especially the water & scenery and the characters are more lifelike, all in all I am really impressed with the graphics.

I like the fact that you don't have to read the quests (cos im lazy)Laughing as the questgiver talks to you and you interact with them with differnt options as to what you say.

Fighting seems to be mainly melee but then I have only started a bear shaman and an assassin so far.

The quests I have done so far are far more interesting then the first few levels on WOW no killing boars etc and you can get to lvl 5 within an hour easily which is the level when you enter the main city and the game becomes an mmo.

Not every mob you kill drops loot and you gain skill points from the start to put ito different areas ie. climbing, bandaging etc.

Oh and "u" on the keyboard is for "use" which you press for climbing etc which seems to be the most common question in general chat atm, just thought I would add that bit of information lol.

Its going to take a while to figure out how to do certain actions ie. emotes, talk to other players next to you etc as I havent got a clue on how to do this yet lol!

There are loading screens everytime you enter a different zone or city which especially on the beta are annoying as they are taking a good few minutes to load but I hope this will be better in the game.

To be honest it is missing the social aspect we have on wow but yes I know its only beta so hopefully that will all change, but I do feel that there is little more to do then only questing at the lower levels where as in wow you can start a trade or go to the Ah and get better shit!
you are quite herded to follow set paths atm on these levels (capped to 13).

It is a good game so far and hopefully will be excellent in time to come.

p.s John if you try server 4 it seems better than the others, not sure why but less probs
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

Number of posts : 192

AOC beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC beta   AOC beta I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:08 am

Hang fast ju, the social aspect will be there when we all bang into AoC on release date!
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-09

AOC beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC beta   AOC beta I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:45 am

Darklightnin wrote:

p.s John if you try server 4 it seems better than the others, not sure why but less probs

Cheers mate, i may give ti another go soon, but here's a little bit of info you maybe interested in:
Quote :
Dear Age of Conan beta tester

We hope you are merrily chopping off Pict heads in the Age of Conan Open Beta, and that your journey in Hyboria has been a memorable one so far. You have only seen the beginning though, as we prepare an EPIC ending to your Open Beta experience.

On the 10th of May we are transforming the entire Open Beta into PvP MAYHEM, while at the same time giving you access to all which Hyboria as to offer! That is right, as we take down our servers for a short period we are at the same time changing the entire server rule-set to Free For All PvP carnage! Your servers will ALL become PvP! Participate if you dare, or make a new character and stay in the safety of Tortage!

Details:

All servers become PvP servers. You can kill each other – no level restrictions on killing or getting killed, but you cannot PvP in the major cities.
All level 13 characters becomes level 20. Their inventory is wiped, but they have “tons” of money and really nice equipment suitable for level 20’s. Shopping bonanza!
You have access to ALL zones and ALL levels after level 20!
You will be zoned to your Race’s Hub (Cimmerians – Conarch Village, Aquilonians – Old Tarantia and Stygians – Khemi)
This means bye bye Tortage! Welcome Hyboria at large, and what a blast you will have. It all starts at level 20, and then it’s up to you, but you can be sure your fellow players will do their best to stop you!

We will get back with detailed information on the exact time it starts on the official Open Beta forums at IGN, as well as on the Age of Conan forums and community site.

You may ask, why skip levels 14-20? The reason is simple – the story. We take it seriously, and we would like for you to experience it at launch.

We urge you to join us for some epic PvP mayhem on the 10th of May, and we hope you will leave Hyboria with a bloodied smile on your face.

Heads will roll!

Sincerely
The Age of Conan development team

I'll put skype on sometime, and if your on let me know and have a go together if poss...I dont like playing solo Sad
Back to top Go down
Darklightnin

Darklightnin

AOC beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC beta   AOC beta I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:34 pm

AOC beta Untitled
Back to top Go down
Darklightnin

Darklightnin

AOC beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC beta   AOC beta I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:37 pm

AOC beta Untitled2
Back to top Go down
matty

matty

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-03-14

AOC beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC beta   AOC beta I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 4:41 pm

water looks good but the rest looks like crap i thought it would look a lot better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AOC beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOC beta   AOC beta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AOC beta
Page 1 of 1