WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan

MMO WoW & Age of Conan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Intentions...

Go down 
+4
strophic
Darklightnin
Temujin
Ipos
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ipos

Ipos

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:07 am

Hello there guildies.

Thought I'd just let you all know my intentions with regard to the state of play at the moment. So here they are...

As much as I love WoW and have been playing it for far longer than any other game I've ever owned I have been getting itchy keyboard fingers to try something different. Unfortunately there hasn't been much else to get stuck into that is better than WoW or even comes close to it. The fact that the game just isn't grabbing me like it used to may be just general apathy on my part but the fact remains that I'm gonna try something different.

That isn't to say that I'm leaving or giving-up on the Guild. Far from it.

My upcoming game of choice will be Age of Conan when it is released in May. It promises (On paper) to add a lot of really new and different things to the MMO market. I'll give it a few months of play time and then I will have to make a decision whether to carry on with WoW or go with Conan. As I can't possibly give time to both.

Regardless of the outcome, I'll still be on Skype and the Forums, and you never know, perhaps we can create a Sister guild over on Conan if it lives up to what it claims.

I guess I'm saying that I don't want to break ties with you all, just branch out into something different.

Cheers

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Temujin

Temujin

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:35 am

I shall also be doing the above, so if anyone wants to take control of the WoW guild please just let me know.

one of the biggest pointers of me being fed up with wow is the blizzard are just sitting back and reaping cash in and doing very little to tweak the game and get rid of the minor problems ( gold spammers for instance)

well their is my 2 peneth
Back to top Go down
Darklightnin

Darklightnin

Number of posts : 32

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:53 am

Before reading your posts me and cindy have preordered the age of conan from play.com as everyone seems to be talking about it, so we looked into it ourselves and we both agree it looks awesome, the graphics look more detailed and the feel of the game seems to be for the older player.
i will warn you in advance i fancy playing a woman assassin just so i can arse around with her tits for half an hour and get her buttocks right Smile
so please let us know which server, character names etc
Back to top Go down
Ipos

Ipos

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:21 am

Having spoken to a few of our guys there seems to be a real interest in the game.

It seems like there might be enough interest to form a small band of nasties on a Conan server. Hiding in the woods and preying on passers by. Smile
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

Number of posts : 244

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:57 am

I too (after speaking to other guildys) am having a bit of a dead patch with wow. As rob says, blizzard are sitting back raking the cash in, and then turning it into gold, and giving it to Huw Sad (only joking). I've ordered the Conan game and gonna try it out for a few months see how it compares to WoW. I will still keep my WoW account active just to annoy the hell out my wife!! and if things go well with conan i can revamp the forum to have a wow section and Conan section. But this is not goodbye, just the start of a new era. Hopefully we will all still play together on conan as well, because (speaking for myself) i have made great new friends since playing wow ( rob, paul, huw, cindy, jules, chris, john and so on..) and i think it would be a shame to lose contact. So i hope to see you all on conan having naked fist fights in the pubs Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wow-crusaders.co.uk
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Hang on you've all got to wait till I get to 70!!!!

Joking of course, you will all be old and grey by then, hell will be the temperature of the arctic and Piggeries will have to be equipped with Eurofighters.

I may purchase Conan too, hoping it's better than that awful Conan game on the X360 ( a dire God of War clone).

I'm on holiday in sunnier climes when it comes out, so can't get it until last day of May, playing catch up to you all again.....
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:38 am

Well I cant say I'll jumpin to a new game just yet.

It's taken me sooo freakin long to get old Arcage to a lvl worthy or respect.
And in all honesty, l'm lookin forward to doing some raids and heroics.

Tried arena last night and got my ass handed to me on a plate Laughing
so a part of me wants to gear up, and see how I'll go before getting pissed with it and giving it up.
I'll stay tuned for your feedback, and may be swayed to spend some time on conan depending on the re-action you guys give.

[Edit] just checkin the site..and it looks sweet....would be nice to start with everyone for once, rather than being lightyears behind..

Can sign up for the beta here to get a taste I suppose Wink

http://beta.ageofconan.com
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Number of posts : 150

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:34 pm

I thought i would post this link for you all to check if your computers meet the minimum requirements for Age Of Conan, Cos as I have just found out by using this site my laptop does not Sad

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:10 pm

What did yours fail on?

Just looked again and mine fails the recommended but passes the minimum
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Mine fails too the only thing it fails on in minimum is free disk space, perhaps something to do with the required 30GB install.

That must be a mistake!!!! 30GB is a phenomenal size, 3dvd9's.

Completely fails the recommended section though. Will try it on laptop later, where it will fail on graphic card undoubtably
Back to top Go down
matty

matty

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 pm

that site is crap lol said my pc wouldent play unreal 3 and it plays it on max settings on 1680x1050 rez >.> lol!
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

It fails on Sad

Video Card Minimum: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c Graphics Card with Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6800+ / ATI Radeon 9800+) You Have: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 ()

Intentions... Min_chart_2</IMG>FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:50 am

Same GFX card as my laptop, no need to check for me then. Laptop GFX cards are nigh impossible to change too, as I found out when Crysis wouldn't run!!!! It can cope with HL2 really well though. Partly why laptop GFX cards fail these things is they have very small amounts of memory and leech off the system memory, if you have 2GB it might be ok.

Still 30GB!!!
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:16 am

This is the laptop I have
http://vaio.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=VGN-FE41M&productFilters=retired&site=voe_en_GB_cons&pageType=Overview&category=VN+FE+Series
Does anyone know if ithe graphics card can be upgraded or is it a case that I just can not play Age of Conan on it fullstop?
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 am

Probably not easy to change the gfx card, it might be worth getting it for your main pc and "testing" it on the laptop, it may work, I note you have 2GB memory, some of this is used by gfx card but it's vista, a newfangled thing, I'm not good with new things!

The testing thing is what I did with HL2, installed it on my laptop to see if it worked, it did so I left it. I take it your getting two copies, if so then if the first one works on the laptop -fine, get another for your other half. If not uninstall it and put it on your main pc, (not buying another obviously). It means two trips to the shops though (unless you buy both at once and only unwrap one-most shops accept unopened returns)!
As Matty said the src site goes on prerelease info and is not entirely accurate, it told me I couldn't play World in Conflict at all and it runs reasonably well, mid settings anyway. Wouldn't panic yet!
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:58 am

Thanks for the info it is much appreciated
So I either wait and try the game and see if it will play or sell my laptop and get abetter spec...What should a girl do lol!
Back to top Go down
Ipos

Ipos

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:50 am

Definately do what Satan said.

Only open one copy from the lovely crinkly wrapper, test it on your machine, Cind. If it doesn't run well or at all, take the unopened copy back for a refund and put the opened one onto your other half's pc.

They definately wont refund if the wrapper has been removed.
Back to top Go down
matty

matty

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:26 am

go on that site agian and test wow because am sure its a load of crap but yeah just test a copy on ur labtop before u go selling it Razz or try the beta before you buy any copys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:15 am

matty wrote:
go on that site agian and test wow because am sure its a load of crap but yeah just test a copy on ur labtop before u go selling it Razz or try the beta before you buy any copys Very Happy

My laptop passes for minimum and recommended for WOW which it should i suppose as it plays fine.
so I suppose i shall have to wait and see but will be disappointed if you all get your game at the same time and then i cant play as my laptop cant take it Sad It wouldnt be so bad if i could upgrade my laptop with a better graphics card but oh well I will need to be patient which im not good at doing!
Back to top Go down
strophic
Admin
Admin
strophic

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:18 am

Kira wrote:
Thanks for the info it is much appreciated
.What should a girl do lol!

What should a girl do?

I asked my wife and she said "get your bloody credit card out!"

So what i recommend is, put on some sexy underwear, seduce jules with a table top dance, give him a night of untold pleasure then..........

Swipe his credit card, He will be on a diiferent planet at that stage so he will do anything.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.s check out my avtar, that will do the trick
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:59 am

Intentions... Graph_all_6

well i have no probs at all, but admittadly i only build this pc the begining of the year, with the intention of running high end fps's on it...
Personally i'm surprised you can run wow on a laptop.. well not soo much run it, but enjoy it..
imo you will not be able to upgrade your gfx card, reason being, it's a sony, all their parts are usually premade and non compatible with anything non sony....i'll check it for you (i used to work for them, and have some friends in the service and tech dept).

this is the selling point for wow, almost anyone can run it, as it's not so demanding hardware wise.

if it's any consulation, you should be able to put together a new pc for about..600gbp or so, with option to upgrade later if need be.. [edit] DO NOT EVER BUY A PREMADE...RIPOFF!!!

ppppssssstttt next time you buy sony..not that i recommend it, let me know, and i'll see if i can get you a discount Wink
Back to top Go down
MC_Satan

MC_Satan

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:16 am

I thought that about my Toshiba laptop gfx card, it's welded to the mobo so I'm screwed that way. I need to rebuild this thing: Currently a 3500+xp, 1 Gig, Nvidia7600.

Gonna get An athlon dual core and AM2 mobo and an nvidia 8600. Would I need to reinstall windows? That should run it nicely.....
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Lol Mark, i might just try that hehe Ju would love it especially when after he then tells me Sorry Havent got a credit card lol!

Thanks for your input John, I am thinking that i would be better off selling my laptop and getting a better one when i have the money (but this could take a while).

when we bought my laptop last yr it was the best in the shops we could find at the time, but it goes to show how quick things change up to now i have never had a problem with memory or the graphics card etc.. and it has suited me just fine.You spend a fortune on a product you would expect it to suit your needs and of course it did as it plays wow well and then they bring out new and better games which needs a better spec.

I would be better off with a pc but we dont have the room so I have to put up with playing on a laptop unless I sneakily use Ju's pc when he is out.

So I reckon I won't be able to enjoy playing Age of Conan with the rest of you for a while unless i can sell my laptop or by some chance it does play the game, Watch this space.....
Back to top Go down
Darklightnin

Darklightnin

Number of posts : 32

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:14 pm

great minds work alike mark and cindy get sucking.........................................up lol
Back to top Go down
Arcage

Arcage

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:37 pm

NNNNNNNNNNOoooooooooooooooooooo just saw the end of that avatar again pale No

Ruined i tell ya....RUINED!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intentions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentions...   Intentions... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intentions...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoW Crusaders - Age of Conan :: The Black Hole-
Jump to: